BREAKING

Saturday, July 20, 2013

'Big Brother' Evictee Jeremy: 'I'm Not Racist, Sexist, Or Homophobic'!


Jeremy McGuire, the 23-year-old “boat shop associate” from Texas was evicted from the Big Brother house last night. And even though Julie Chen went easy on him during his exit interview, we didn’t think he should be able to walk away without answering some questions.

(EW.com) -- Jeremy McGuire, the 23-year-old "boat shop associate" from Texas was evicted from the Big Brother house last night. And even though Julie Chen went easy on him during his exit interview, we didn't think he should be able to walk away without answering some questions.

Entertainment Weekly: How's it going, Jeremy?

Jeremy McGuire: It's going as good as it can be. I mean, I got evicted, so it's kind of a bummer.

EW: How much did you know that you were getting evicted? You seemed when you gave your final speech to the house to know that it was kind of a fait accompli.
McGuire: Yeah, I mean it's a small house and word gets around quick, so I mean, I knew at the beginning of the week. And even though I tried to make as many deals as possible, they knew that the only way to get me out was to backdoor me so they took the opportunity.

EW: I mean, can you blame them?
McGuire: No, I can't blame them. I mean, it's a game, and I respect everybody's game, and to be honest with you, if they didn't get me out then, they probably wouldn't have been able to get me out later.


EW: Yeah, it's true. I'm sure you haven't had time to go back and watch, but it almost seemed like Helen and Elissa might've been ready to make a deal with you. At what point after you had that talk with them in the HOH room, did you know that's not going to work?
McGuire: Ah, well, I was making deals all the way up to the last day, so I didn't know until the last day. But, Helen had enough respect for me to come up and let me know that none of the deals were gonna be made and I just had that gut feeling.

EW: Were you surprised that GinaMarie was one of the people to vote you out?
McGuire: No, actually. I told her beforehand to vote with the house so that she could be in a better position. I mean, I knew I was going with or without her vote. It made her cry, but she's a good girl, and I didn't want to ruin her game.

EW: No offense, but anything makes her cry.
McGuire: Yes. [Laughs] That's very true. She wears her heart on her sleeve.

EW: What was up with all the tears?
McGuire: This was a very emotional cast. I feel like there was a lot of high emotions, and that house is a pressure cooker, so I think it just made everything a little bit worse.

EW: I think had Kaitlin not used her power of veto, you both would actually still be in the house. I think that Aaryn would've gone home. I don't think people would've taken it out on Kaitlin for not using it. What's your sense of what might have happened?
McGuire: I don't know. From what we were told, if she didn't use it, she would be going home, so we felt that it would be stupid for her not to use it. I mean, everybody told her that she would either have to use it or she'd be going home because everyone would vote her out for keeping me here. So we did what we had to do at the time that we had to do it.

EW: Did you ever think about playing her and somehow telling her that that wasn't the case, so that she would keep you and she would go?
McGuire: Ah no. You know, I'm not gonna lie, I fell hard for her, and I didn't want to ruin her game at all. I mean, I would've used it on myself, so I told her to use it on herself.

EW: So like you said a couple minutes ago, the house was a real pressure cooker this season, and it's been an incredibly controversial season. How much were you told after you left the house about some of the things people have been saying about the racism and the homophobia and the anti-Semitism and the sexism that's gone on among the contestants?
McGuire: Yeah, I was warned a little bit about some of the things. They told me that it's been a pretty hectic time outside the house, but I haven't gotten in to too many specifics, so I couldn't really tell you too much. But I know who I am, and I know that no matter what anybody says, it's not going to change my feelings about myself. So bring it on is all I have to say.

EW: I haven't been watching the feeds. I've just been watching the show, but there have been a lot of people that have been watching the feeds, and they've been reporting things that several the contestants — among you — have said and there have been some homophobic and racist and sexist things that you've said. Do you have anything to say about that?

EW: 'Big Brother' adds disclaimer for prejudice
McGuire: Yeah, I'm not racist, sexist, or homophobic, so I mean, I guess everything can be taken out of context. Everybody in there was friendly with everybody and we weren't scared to say it in front of each other, so I'm sure it was just twisted and turned in a way to entertain. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

EW: Well, I don't know how much some of these words can be twisted or misinterpreted. I think it's difficult to misconstrue hate speech, but what was it like watching some of the things that Aaryn did, like flip over a bed or call Candice "Shaniqua" or things like that?
McGuire: I mean, it was crazy, don't get me wrong. It was an emotional roller-coaster, and I just had to sit back and watch for most of it. But being there was kind of surreal regardless of what was going on. Everything kind of seemed unreal to me, so it really hasn't hit me yet to be honest with you.

EW: When we talked to Nick after he got voted out, he said that on some level when you're playing a game you don't want to rock the boat, but then you don't want to be that person who just stands by idly while someone is making such racial slurs and just saying some really unfathomable things. Did that factor in at all for you?
McGuire: Yeah, yeah. You know, I -- like you said, you don't want to rock the boat. I didn't want to get on anybody's bad side, and if it wasn't effecting me or at me personally, I didn't really want to jump into it. There's probably some times I should've stepped in and said, "Calm down," but it's a really crazy time. It's really completely different than you would ever think, so I just sat back and enjoyed the show, I guess.

EW: How do you think Kaitlin is going to react to a certain term you used to describe a private part of hers?
McGuire: [Laughs] I don't know because I don't know what you're talking about. But hopefully, she reacts well.

EW: I guess you'll see. So what's next for you? You're moving back to the boat?
McGuire: Yeah, I'm going back to the boat. Gotta continue my sailing and hopefully, sail around South America soon.

EW: 'Big Brother' contestant loses job over racist comments

EW: Yeah? With Kaitlin maybe?
McGuire: Ah. I don't know 'bout all that, but we'll see.

EW: Who do you think is most likely to last longer as a relationship: you and Kaitlin or Amanda and McCrae?
McGuire: I think me and Kaitlin will. Amanda's got a man at home, so we'll see about that.

EW: Oh, really? Does McCrae know that?
McGuire: She's got a boyfriend at home. She might not anymore, but she did.

EW: So you told Julie, you walked in one guy and walked out another. How so?
McGuire: I walked in this cocky, arrogant man, and I walked out a little bit humbler.

EW: And yet you walked out saying, "I'm a champion when I eat, sleep, and poop."
McGuire: Yes. I am a champion when I eat, sleep, and poop.

EW: That's humility.
McGuire: [Laughs] I am a champion through and through, and that's why I couldn't throw anything and I had to win 'em all. And even though I didn't win the game, I walked out with my head high, and I tried my best.

EW: Yeah. Well you were definitely a super-strong physical player. I think that they made the right move by getting rid of you now because you could've just dominated in competitions.
McGuire: Exactly. I feel the same way. Thank you.


About ""

Latest Celebrity News, Hollywood News, Bollywood News, Entertainment News, Covering Red Carpet Fashion and Events, Celebrity Hair style,Celebrity Interview and Celebrity Beauty Buzz at CelebsLife.in

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013 Celebs Life
Edited by Rohan Mahto |