BREAKING

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Kate Winslet: 'I Was Never Going To Change My Name To Husband


Actress Kate Winslet will not take on her new husband's surname of Rocknroll, as she admits she wants to carry on her own family name.

Actress Kate Winslet will not take on her new husband's surname of Rocknroll, as she admits she wants to carry on her own family name.

Winslet, who appeared at the Toronto Film Festival this week to publicise Labor Day, married Richard Branson's nephew Ned Rocknroll in December last year and is now expecting her third child.

Winslet, who has previously been married to Jim Threapleton and Sam Mendes, told the Telegraph: “I was never going to change my name to Rocknroll. I’ve never changed my name to anything so I didn’t see a reason to start now.

"I quite like Kate Winslet; in fact I think it’s very flashy. I’m proud of my name because I’m one of three girls and we have one boy in our family so essentially the only person who is going to carry the name along is my brother and he doesn’t have any children at the moment.”

Speaking of her varied film roles, and her own experience with relationships, she said: “Of course I still believe in love. It’s up there with great food and the love for one’s child.


“My parents have been very happily married for well over 40 years now so to have grown up with that level of togetherness in the home was definitely something that was important to me and I’m sure I still carry that.”

She added she now feels “really happy” in life, adding that “things are wonderful”.
Winslet is currently playing a reclusive single mother, abandoned by her husband because she could not have any more children, in film Labor Day.

Earlier this year, a study found women were increasingly choosing to keep their own names after marriage, with a third of those in their twenties using their maiden name.
The survey, carried out using Facebook, found 62 per cent of married women in their twenties took on their spouse’s surname, compared with 74 per cent in their thirties and 88 per cent in their sixties.

Rachel Thwaites, of the University of York, said there remained “cultural and social pressure” on women to change their name, adding: “Women who resist this pressure are often doing so as a feminist decision or a move for equality in their relationship."
It is a tradition followed by many women in the public eye, including Zara Philips who uses her maiden name when she competes in equestrian events.


About ""

Latest Celebrity News, Hollywood News, Bollywood News, Entertainment News, Covering Red Carpet Fashion and Events, Celebrity Hair style,Celebrity Interview and Celebrity Beauty Buzz at CelebsLife.in

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013 Celebs Life
Edited by Rohan Mahto |