BREAKING

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sonam Kapoor - A Soaring Career Is Waited For Glamorous Babe!


A soaring career, and a life beyond it, actress Sonam Kapoor knows how to enjoy the limelight. She's got a career that's on a fast train to everywhere.


She's charming, has a point of view and reads - books, mind you, not Danielle Steele. In fact, on the day we catch up she's staggering under the weight of three bags crammed with purchases from the Landmark book store. Her shopping is impressive, its contents not exactly out of the Bollywood bazaar: there's Ibsen, Chekhov, Kerouac, Kundera, even Sartre


Her style is whimsical, original and often seems inspired by the glamour of Old Hollywood. Who else would show up for media rounds in a pretty pastel dress with Veronica Lake waves in her hair - and pull it off perfectly.


Her individuality doesn't just extend to film projects but to fashion as well. There's something of the throwback in Sonam: her style is whimsical, original and often seems inspired by the glamour of Old Hollywood.


In her year-long career Sonam has been linked to a slew of young stars, her Saawariya leading man Ranbir Kapoor being the first. "Thank God he started seeing Deepika, otherwise the rumours would never have stopped" (Chew on that, tabloids.) There have been murmurs about friends, about other colleagues and though often embarrassed she's able, for the most part, to remain sanguine.


She doesn't have a man in her life because her current love affair is with clothes - designer, street or vintage, she loves them all. And her cover look is, in fact, just her.


Sonam now has a plate that truly spilleth over. She will be starring opposite Imran Khan ("one actor besides Ranbir I can sort of have a conversation with") in a Dharma Production film to be directed by first timer Puneet Malhotra; she has two films with "fabulous, art house" filmmakers; also her first production with her sister Rhea and father Anil Kapoor.


"My parents have always allowed me to do everything, so there's no novelty. I became responsible at a very young age. They told me now you're on your own. My dad had nothing to do with me doing films. I do go to him for advice, but he usually doesn't have a say. He's a safety net for me. I have the luxury of making these choices because I know I have somebody to fall back on."



"I'm a bookworm, a nerd. I read a lot and am into sport. I can never stop writing. I have written quite a bit over time-short stories and story ideas. As for direction, I think I should start off as a writer first because direction is a very difficult task and you have to be in charge of a load of things-basically be the captain of the ship," says Sonam.


"When it comes to my acting skills, dad's my biggest critic. Mom too. Come to think of it, my brother and sis do the same!"

"I love fashion. You could say I'm obsessed with fashion. I love vintage stuff basically; so I go to a lot of vintage stores, especially when I travel. And there's a boho side to me as well.I like Sienna Miller's style a lot, Nicole Kidman is very classy. I like the way my sister dresses too and Shobha De, especially her saris."


"I don't think comparisons are fair to other people but most, to yourself. You can't compare yourself to other people or compare what you have with what they have. You just have to be true to yourself and concentrate on what's happening internally. If you bring in other external factors, it completely bogs you down."

About ""

Latest Celebrity News, Hollywood News, Bollywood News, Entertainment News, Covering Red Carpet Fashion and Events, Celebrity Hair style,Celebrity Interview and Celebrity Beauty Buzz at CelebsLife.in

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013 Celebs Life
Edited by Rohan Mahto |