BREAKING

Friday, July 12, 2013

Jennifer Lopez Was Homeless While Seeking Fame At Age 18 - W Magazine!


In the August issue of W magazine, Jennifer Lopez, 43, revealed that she was homeless at one point in her life.

She really is still Jenny from the Block.
Bronx-born Jennifer Lopez returned to her childhood home for a stunning photo shoot in the August issue of W magazine.

“The last time I was in there was when my mom and dad called us home to tell us they were separating after 33 years of marriage," Lopez told the magazine as she approached the two-story house. "I think that's why I was nervous about coming here today.

“It's like seeing someone from the past - you're afraid to run into them because you never know if it's going to be 'wow' or very difficult. This is a combination of both."

Of course, the last time Lopez, now 43, had stood outside the gate to the home, she wasn’t draped in a designer mink jacket and black patent-leather stilettos like the one she donned for W’s Fall Fashion Preview issue. Not that anyone on the spring day of the shoot would have confused her for a current resident: Lopez’s assistant held up a full-length mirror so the former “American Idol” judge could keep quality control over her poses for the camera.

Lopez moved out of her Bronx home as an 18-year-old determined to be a star.
"My mom and I butted heads. I didn't want to go to college - I wanted to try dance full-time. I was homeless,” Lopez says of nights spent sleeping on a cot in her dance studio.

“But I told her 'This is what I have to do.'"
It didn’t take long to prove her mother wrong.
Within a year, Lopez had earned a spot as a Fly Girl on “In Living Color.” In the time since, she’s added multi-platinum album-selling singer, movie star and fashion entrepreneur to her resume.


And while her five-year-old twins Max and Emme won’t have to grow up with the same struggles she did, Lopez wants to give them the same positive example example she got from her parents.

“My dad worked nights, and I was aware of how much he was doing for us. My mom was a Tupperware lady and also worked at the school,” she tells W. “ I always felt that I couldn’t let them down.

“I love Los Angeles, but it doesn’t give me strength the way the Bronx did,” says Lopez of her current base of operations.

“All the strength that I needed for life, I got from that neighborhood.”

See Jennifer Lopez W Magazine Hot Photoshoot Pics


'I’ve always had dreams—the dreams have just gotten bigger,' Jennifer Lopez tells W magazine.

Jennifer Lopez graces the August issue of W magazine, on newsstands August 16.

Just as she thought she had hit rock bottom, a few months later, Lopez landed a job dancing in Europe. Soon after Lopez starred In Living Color.




About ""

Latest Celebrity News, Hollywood News, Bollywood News, Entertainment News, Covering Red Carpet Fashion and Events, Celebrity Hair style,Celebrity Interview and Celebrity Beauty Buzz at CelebsLife.in

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013 Celebs Life
Edited by Rohan Mahto |