BREAKING

Saturday, August 03, 2013

John Abraham and I talk With Eyes; Says Raashi Khanna

Raashi Khanna

Actress Raashi Khanna may be a newbie in Bollywood, but the 22-year-old is a familiar face, thanks to the numerous ads she’s done.

"The casting director for Madras Cafe noticed me in one of the ads and called me for an audition. That’s how I bagged the role in the film,” says Khanna, for whom the feeling of acting in a Bollywood film is still sinking in. “I was nervous during the workshop. But it got better once I was on the film’s set. The feeling is still sinking in,” she says..

In Madras Cafe, Khanna plays actor John Abraham’s wife. “John is a great actor and a wonderful producer. I play John’s wife in the film, who often gets very lonely because John is always away as he’s in the army. But our love for each other in the film is intense and subtle at the same time. Between us, our eyes do the talking,” she says.

Khanna, a Delhi born-and-bred, says acting was never on her to-do list. “I was the Political Science topper in my school and pursued English (Hons) from LSR (Lady Shri Ram College for Women) as I wanted to get into writing. I also took up modelling during college and got noticed by a modelling agency. After moving to Mumbai, I got ads, and eventually got the film. So, whatever I planned didn’t happen. God had another plan for me,” she says.

In fact, Khanna’s father thought she’ll become an IAS officer while she harboured singing dreams. “I wanted to be a singer. Maybe I can pursue both now.” And, give actor-singer Ayushmann Khurrana competition? “Yeah... I’ll ask Shoojit (Sircar, director) to make us, Ayushmann and I, sing together,” she laughs.

Photos: Raashi Khanna On the First Launch Of Madras Cafe With john Abraham, Nargis Fakhri & Other Members

Raashi Khanna


Raashi Khanna

Raashi Khanna

Raashi Khanna

Raashi Khanna

About ""

Latest Celebrity News, Hollywood News, Bollywood News, Entertainment News, Covering Red Carpet Fashion and Events, Celebrity Hair style,Celebrity Interview and Celebrity Beauty Buzz at CelebsLife.in

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013 Celebs Life
Edited by Rohan Mahto |